February 27, 2023 11:17 GMT
First Shipment Of Kazakh Oil Supplied To Transneft For Delivery To Germany
KazTransOil has delivered Kazakh oil to the main pipeline system of Transneft for shipment to Germany, Shyngys Ilyasov, director of public relations at KazTransOil said.
- "On February 25, KazTransOil delivered 20,000 tonnes of Kazakh oil to the main pipeline system of PJSC Transneft in the direction of the Adamova Zastava oil custody transfer station for further shipment to Germany," Ilyasov said.
- Germany plans to use the volumes from Kazakhstan via the Druzhba pipeline to replace Russian flows for its Leuna and Schwedt refineries.
- Transneft is currently not transporting oil towards Poland via the Druzhba pipeline as routing orders with payments were not processed. Changes in the schedule ruled out deliveries to Polish consumers.
- Transneft transports oil to other countries based on the export schedule approved by the Russian Energy Ministry as well as routing orders processes by freight forwarders.
- At this time, it is not clear how the halt to Polish deliveries will affect the shipment of Kazakh oil to Germany.