Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
GILT SUMMARY: - Former Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson has outlined his
alternative to the Chequers Deal in the Daily Telegraph, which will ramp up
pressure on PM Theresa May ahead of the Conservative Party Conference
- Gilts opened stronger with the curve broadly unchanged.
- The benchmark 2-year gilt trades at 0.816% up from a low of 0.794% while the
10-year trades at 1.571% from a low of 1.562%.
- The 2s10s spread is currently trading at 74.89bps and the 2s30s at 108.3bps.
- The drop in inflation breakevens has halted for now. The 5-year benchmark has
edged back up to 3.192% from a low of 3.183%.
- The short sterling futures strip has flattened with greens/blues up 1.0-2.0
- Short sterling option flow has been relatively light thus far.
- GfK Consumer Confidence data for September came in a touch weaker than
expected at -9 vs -8 survey.