Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
US TSY/RECAP: Friday provided a quiet end to the week. There was an early
risk-off bid on renewed Italy angst after Thursday's budget draft, as BTPs moved
wider vs. Bunds. The month-end bid in the long-end evaporated as equities
recovered, with the curve running steeper on the day.
- Sources noted fast-money & prop a/c's selling intermediates.
- Late block buys were noted in futures, +12k FVZ 112-15.5, +4.5k TNZ 126-20.
- There was chatter re: deal-tied sales ahead of potential Comcast issuance
later this week.
- After hours Fed's Williams noted that he supports further gradual rate
increases, although he no longer sees the need for explicit forward guidance and
played down the importance of the "neutral" rate. Williams went on to note that
the Fed is closer to conducting normal MonPol, and it has achieved its goals of
maximum employment and price stability.
- Futures have eased a touch in early dealing this week on the back of reports
that a NAFTA deal is close (deadline is at 00:00 ET).
- T-Notes last 118.22, U.S. 10-Year cash Tsy yields closed at 3.061%.