- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
- G10 Markets
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Gilts lead the way ahead of Chancellor's statement with yields down 30+bp
- Huge moves for gilts again this morning following an announcement that new Chancellor Jeremy Hunt will speak at 11:00BST / 6:00ET outlining more plans to backtrack on the government's "Growth Plan". Media reports note that everything apart from the reversal of the NIC hike is under discussion - including the energy support plan (our thoughts on how the latter could be tweaked are here). Yields are down in between 32-36bp across the entire gilt curve in response. After the Chancellor's morning statement, he will give more details in the Commons at 15:30BST / 10:30ET.
- Chinese data due tomorrow including Q3 GDP has been postponed with no explanation for the postponement announced.
- Bunds and to a lesser extent USTs are following gilts higher this morning.
- TY1 futures are up 0-14+ today at 111-01+ with 10y UST yields down -7.5bp at 3.946% and 2y yields down -5.6bp at 4.441%.
- Bund futures are up 1.43 today at 137.51 with 10y Bund yields down -12.2bp at 2.221% and Schatz yields down -8.0bp at 1.865%.
- Gilt futures are up 3.14 today at 968.86 with 10y yields down -31.8bp at 4.007% and 2y yields down -33.4bp at 3.536%.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.