- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.LATEST FROM POLICY:
- G10 MarketsG10 Markets
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.Launch MNI PodcastsFixed Income FI Market AnalysisCentral Bank PreviewsFI PiEurozone/UK Bond Auction CalendarEurozone/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar US$ Credit Supply Pipeline Fixed Income Technical Analysis EGB Issuance, Redemption and Cash Flow Matrix Gilt Week Ahead
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.LATEST FROM DATA:
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.Global Macro Central Bank PreviewsCentral Bank ReviewsBalance Sheet AnalysisInflation InsightGlobal IssuanceEurozoneUKUSOverviewGlobal Issuance CalendarsEZ/UK Bond Auction CalendarEZ/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Grossi Hints At Interim "JCPOA-Lite" To Prevent Iran Acquiring Bomb
IAEA Chief Raphael Grossi has hinted at pursuing an interim arrangement to prevent Iran acquiring a nuclear weapon as Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action nuclear talks continue to lie dormant.
- Grossi said yesterday that Iran is amassing enough “nuclear material for several nuclear weapons.”
- Grossi: “...we need to make sure... this [nuclear] programme does not cross a line... and that might be through something like the JCPOA or something else. On this I’m neutral.”
- On Jan 24, Grossi briefed the European parliament on Iran's significant increase in nuclear material.
- Responsible Statecraft: "While the breakout time under the JCPOA was one year, Iran can now accumulate the fissile material for a nuclear weapon in under one week... the nightmare scenario that the JCPOA was constructed to avoid."
- The problem is compounded by a lack of IAEA inspection at key sites since February 2021, leaving the IAEA with an additional information gap in Iran's capabilities.
- According to RS, an interim arrangement could include, caps on enrichment purity, caps on centrifuges, and re-admission of IAEA inspectors.
- In return, Iran may be provided oil waivers of Iranian crude, and access to frozen assets in South Korea and Japan.
To read the full story
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.