Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Industrialists are having trouble foreseeing the future due to changes in inflation, exchange rates and interest rates, Erdal Bahcivan, head of the Istanbul Chamber of Industry, says
- An inflationary growth structure is unsustainable
- Turkey moved away from the key central bank goal of price stability while financial stability has been put at risk
- "Even though we all want interest rates to fall, there are pricings that occur in the free market"
- Positive impact of low rates would be short-lived unless uncertainties are removed, confidence and predictability are boosted
- Export rise due to weakening lira won't bring long-term success
- "We don't want to be industrialists/exporters who rely on devaluations"