Free Trial
USDCAD TECHS

Key Support Remains Exposed

AUDUSD TECHS

Pullback Extends, But Still Looks Corrective in Nature

US TSYS

FED Remains in Play Post-NFP/ISM Data

Real-time Actionable Insight

Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.

Free Access

Inflation data due at 7:00GMT

UK DATA
  • Markets are currently pricing in around 62bp for the December MPC meeting (so around a 45% probability of a 50bp hike and 55% prob of a 75bp hike.
  • Today's data therefore could help guide the market more to one of those outcomes.
  • This afternoon we will also hear from Bailey, Broadbent, Mann and Dhingra as they testify ahead of the Treasury Select Committee (beginning at 14:15GMT).
  • The upcoming comments may help temper moves a little if there is an upside surprise, but we would still expect a decent market reaction as SONIA future / gilts open (and in GBP in the meantime).
99 words

To read the full story

Why Subscribe to

MarketNews.com

MNI is the leading provider

of news and intelligence specifically for the Global Foreign Exchange and Fixed Income Markets, providing timely, relevant, and critical insight for market professionals and those who want to make informed investment decisions. We offer not simply news, but news analysis, linking breaking news to the effects on capital markets. Our exclusive information and intelligence moves markets.

Our credibility

for delivering mission-critical information has been built over three decades. The quality and experience of MNI's team of analysts and reporters across America, Asia and Europe truly sets us apart. Our Markets team includes former fixed-income specialists, currency traders, economists and strategists, who are able to combine expertise on macro economics, financial markets, and political risk to give a comprehensive and holistic insight on global markets.
  • Markets are currently pricing in around 62bp for the December MPC meeting (so around a 45% probability of a 50bp hike and 55% prob of a 75bp hike.
  • Today's data therefore could help guide the market more to one of those outcomes.
  • This afternoon we will also hear from Bailey, Broadbent, Mann and Dhingra as they testify ahead of the Treasury Select Committee (beginning at 14:15GMT).
  • The upcoming comments may help temper moves a little if there is an upside surprise, but we would still expect a decent market reaction as SONIA future / gilts open (and in GBP in the meantime).