Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
EGB SUMMARY: It has been a volatile day for the 10Y Bund yield with wild swings
on market moving data and details of the US tax plan trickling through. German
Bunds trading almost unchanged from yesterday`s close with the 10Y trading at
- Early rise in the 10Y Bund yield started on the back of heavy long end bond
supply then reversed the move higher following the BOE interest rate decision
accompanied with guidance that was interpreted as dovish.
- In the afternoon the yield on the 10Y Bund made up some of its losses,
however, news of the GOP tax bill sent the 10Y USTYS into a tailspin and the
Bund followed suit.
- There were reports during the afternoon that Spanish prosecutors were seeking
an European arrest warrant for former Catalan President Carles Puigdemont. The
Bund-Bonos spread had been creeping wider for much of the London session and is
trading 1.2bp wider at 111.4bp.
- Markets expect President Trump to announce Jerome Powell as his nominee for
the position of Fed Chair later in the evening.