- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.LATEST FROM POLICY:
- G10 MarketsG10 Markets
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.Launch MNI PodcastsFixed Income FI Market AnalysisCentral Bank PreviewsFI PiEurozone/UK Bond Auction CalendarEurozone/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar US$ Credit Supply Pipeline Fixed Income Technical Analysis EGB Issuance, Redemption and Cash Flow Matrix Gilt Week Ahead
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.LATEST FROM DATA:
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.Global Macro Central Bank PreviewsCentral Bank ReviewsBalance Sheet AnalysisInflation InsightGlobal IssuanceEurozoneUKUSOverviewGlobal Issuance CalendarsEZ/UK Bond Auction CalendarEZ/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
MNI: PBOC Net Injects CNY3 Bln Via OMOs Friday
MNI: PBOC Yuan Parity Higher At 7.0760 Friday; -4.68% Y/Y
Jan Inflation Outpaces Expectations, Core Edges Up
SWITZERLAND JAN CPI +0.6% M/M (FCST +0.5); DEC -0.2% M/M
SWITZERLAND JAN CPI +3.3% Y/Y (FCST +3.1%); DEC +2.8% Y/Y
SWITZERLAND JAN CORE CPI +2.2% Y/Y; DEC +2.0% Y/Y
- Rising energy prices boosted Swiss inflation to +0.6% m/m and +3.3% y/y, outpacing expectations by 0.2pp on the annualised measure. Hotels and food products prices also ticked up.
- Core inflation was stable on the month, yet accelerated by 0.2pp to +2.2% y/y.
- This data is based on the new weighting system drawn from Dec 2021-Nov 2022 consumption surveys and base-year 2020. Restaurants and hotels, recreation/culture and transport have been more heavily weighted (in part boosting the headline figure), whilst food, healthcare and rents have been assigned less weight.
- Despite remaining globally low, sticky inflation is of great concern to the SNB after the almost three-decade high of +3.5% y/y in August. This upside surprise could see the SNB more inclined to hike 50bp at the March 23 meeting. At current a 25bp hike remains the more likely option.
Source: SWISS FEDERAL STATISTICAL OFFICE
To read the full story
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.