Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Japanese retail sales edged up 0.1% y/y in June after surging 8.3% y/y last month, the fourth monthly rise in a row.
- On a monthly basis, retail sales edged up 3.1% in June, up from the previous 0.3% contraction.
- General merchandise sales decreased 4.0% y/y, compared with the previous 16.4% y/y gain, while sales of fabric apparels and accessories decreased 12.0% y/y after rising 16.5% y/y in May.
- Sales of food and beverages edged up 0.9% y/y in June, quicker than the previous flat record.
- Fuel sales, another key driver, rose 25.9% y/y, decelerating from the previous 34.8% y/y growth.
- Sales of machinery and equipment registered a fall of 14.7% y/y, after rising 12.6% y/y in May.