April 22, 2022 00:36 GMT
Datamarkets-real-timeBank of Japan (BOJ) Market NewsData BulletBulletMarketsFixed IncomeForeign Exchange
- Japan's national average core consumer price index (excluding fresh food) rose 0.8% from the year earlier in March, faster than the 0.6% growth marked in February, marking the eleventh recovering month.
- Energy rose 20.8% y/y, picking up from the previous 20.5% y/y growth. contributing 1.46 percentage points to CPI.
- The underlying inflation rate measured by the core-core CPI (excluding fresh food and energy) decreased 0.7% y/y, narrowing from the 1.0% decrease last month.
- Prices for ex-perishables rose 2.0% y/y, following last 1.6% y/y increase.
- Prices for household spending fell 0.4% y/y, narrowing from the 3.4% y/y drop reported in February, and prices for accommodation rose 5.6% y/y, slower than the previous 6.0%.