August 19, 2022 00:45 GMT
DataHomepagemarkets-real-timeBank of Japan (BOJ) Market NewsData BulletBulletMarketsFixed IncomeForeign Exchange
- Japan's national average core consumer price index (excluding fresh food) rose 2.4% from the year earlier in July, faster than the 2.2% growth marked in June, marking the 12th increasing month.
- Energy rose 16.2% y/y, slightly down from the previous 16.5% y/y growth. contributing 1.22 percentage points to CPI.
- The underlying inflation rate measured by the core-core CPI (excluding fresh food and energy) increased 1.2% y/y, expanding from the 1.0% growth last month.
- Prices for ex-perishables rose 3.7% y/y, following last 3.2% y/y increase.
- Prices for household spending rose 4.9% y/y, shrinking from the 7.5% y/y growth reported in June, and prices for accommodation rose 0.2% y/y, sharply lower than the previous 3.6%.