Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Earlier this morning, NBP policymaker Gatnar said in an interview that he supports small, gradual interest rate hikes as inflationary pressures continue to intensify.
- Yesterday, Kamil Zubelewicz mentioned that QE ultra-loose policy should be abandoned now as goals of polish bond-buying program have been 'more than achieved' Zubelewicz, seen as the central bank's top hawk, said that he is in favor of long-term, stable and conventional solutions in monetary policy.
- However, Zubelewicz added that 'a rate-increase motion will be passed only if submitted by the governor'.
- At this stage, the majority of the board is still in favor of keeping interest rates low as the uncertainty over the economic recovery remains elevated.
- NBP Governor Glapinski once again confirmed this week that it would be 'unreasonable to hike rates now' as he sees risk of slower recovery.
- Today, economic data to watch will be money supply M3, expected to decelerate to 7.8% in June (from 9% the previous month).