Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
EGBS: Markets have opened with a modest risk-off tone as confidence in Italy
fades ahead of PM Conte speech to parliament and confidence votes in the Senate
and lower house expected later in the day. German 10-yr Bund yield is 1.7bp
lower at 0.40% with yield curve slightly flatter as short-end remains anchored.
- Italy's PM Conte is scheduled to deliver a speech at 1000GMT Tuesday setting
out the government plan with a confidence vote expected at around 1730GMT. A
vote of confidence is then expected in the lower house as well. 10-yr Bund/BTP
spread is 7.9bp wider at 219.9bps.
- Before the speech/votes in Italy Eurozone final service and composite PMI's
are released with consensus seeing no change from flash estimate of 53.9 and
- There are also a couple of auctions today, with Germany tapping 2 linkers
(Apr-30 & Apr-46) and Austria tapping 2 bonds ( Jul-23 & Feb-28)
- Euribor strip is slightly flatter as well as green and blue contracts rise by
0.5 to 1.5 ticks, while whites are steady to 0.5 tick lower.