Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Currency markets are mixed early Thursday, with EUR/USD strength the most notable move so far. The pair is narrowing the gap with the 100-dma resistance at 1.2049. A break and close above here opens gains towards the week's highs of 1.2076 and the 1.2087 Fib retracement.
- Norway opted to keep policy unchanged this morning, alongside expectations. The accompanying statement continued to nudge markets toward the likelihood of a rate hike in the second half of 2021. EUR/NOK was unmoved, with prices holding just below the week's highs of 10.0455.
- Focus turns to the Bank of England rate decision and Monetary Policy Report, at which markets will be watching for any clues over the future trajectory of the BoE's asset purchase programme.
- The Turkish central bank rate decision is also due, with the Bank seen keeping rates unchanged. Weekly jobless claims numbers are the data highlight.