Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
The August MPC meeting has the potential to be a key event for the market, despite no changes expected to immediate policy.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- The August MPC meeting has the potential to be a key event for the market, despite no changes expected to immediate policy.
- From a market perspective, however, whether there is a 7-1 vote or a 6-2 vote probably makes little difference. However, if the vote was 5-3, there would be another member of the MPC who had unexpectedly moved into the hawkish camp and we would expect there to be a market reaction.
- The sequencing review will potentially be much more significant. The MNI Markets team thinks the most likely change to the sequencing guidance will be to remove the Bank Rate threshold altogether, and leave maximum flexibility to the MPC.
- We discuss the market implications in the full document.