Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Liquidity conditions across China's interbank market ease, but the wider economy remains a concern.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Liquidity across China's interbank money market eased modestly in August, the latest MNI Liquidity Conditions Index shows.
The Liquidity Condition Index stood at 32.7 in August, down from the 46.0 recorded in July. The higher the index reading, the tighter liquidity appears to survey participants.
- The Economy Condition Index stood at 5.8, the lowest time since dropping to 0 in February 2020, the economy's pandemic-era low point.
- The PBOC Policy Bias Index edged lower, still sitting below the 50 mark.
- The Guidance Clarity Index also edged lower, although was overall little changed on the July level.
- With the economy seen slowing, long-term bond yields are seen lower over the next 3 months
Interviews were conducted July 20 - August 11.
Click below for the full press release:
For full database history and full report on the MNI China Liquidity Index™, please contact:email@example.com