March 10, 2023 13:08 GMT
MNI POLITICAL RISK - US Daily Brief
HomepageCommoditiesEnergy BulletsBulletMarketsFixed Income NewsForeign Exchange NewsUSPolitical Market News
- President Biden unveiled his USD$6.8 trillion FY24 budget request yesterday. Biden proposed tax hikes on the wealthy to extend Medicare solvency and reduce the deficit but made few concessions on spending, setting up a confrontation with the GOP over fiscal policy with a default looming.
- Biden made it clear that there will be no negotiations with the GOP until House Speaker McCarthy (R-CA) releases his budget which may not come until late spring or summer, dangerously close to Treasury's "x-date."
- President Biden will host European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen at the White House today for talks on the IRA and China.
- Relations between the US and Mexico strain amid accusations from US lawmakers that Mexico is unwilling to prevent the transit of narcotics into the United States.
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (R-FL) has given his clearest statement so far that he plans to run for President in 2024.
- House Republicans will introduce a broad package of energy legislation entitled the Lower Energy Costs Act, next Tuesday.
- Poll of the Day: “New York is increasingly unchallenged as the world’s financial center.”
Full Article: US Daily Brief