Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
FOREX: Month-end prompts impressive rebound in EUR/USD
- The single currency staged an impressive rally against the greenback around
the WMR fix Friday, with most banks' month-end models all indicating a pretty
firm USD selling bias. The moves seemed exacerbated by the continued unwind this
week of EMFX carry trades, which resulted in firm EUR gains against the likes of
ZAR, TRY and BRL. The greenback was hampered by a woeful set of MNI Chicago PMI
numbers, which fell to a four year low, sapping equity markets which fell
- As the Corona count continued to tick higher, with new cases confirmed in the
UK, Italy and elsewhere, risk-off trade was the theme into the close, keeping a
firm bid under CHF and JPY. The gains for haven currencies came, again, at the
expense of AUD and NZD, which remain weak ahead of what's expected to be an RBA
cut next week.
- China's Caixin PMI and January trade balance, US ISM PMI and the nonfarm
payrolls report are the data highlights. Rate decisions are due from the RBA,
Brazil, India and Russia.