Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Ramaphosa and deputy SG Duarte to respond to Magashule's arguments delivered yesterday in court (0800BST today) with the ANC set to tell the court is had the right to suspend Magahshule.
- Magashule argued that his constitutional rights have been infringed upon by the ANC, as his suspension came without following due process or having a pre-suspension hearing where he could argue his case.
- His legal team say that the step-aside rule that his suspension was based on was not aligned with the country's Constitution and that he is being individually targeted.
- He wants his suspension overturned, the step-aside rule declared unconstitutional, and his suspension of president Ramaphosa upheld
- Gauteng cororonavirus council meeting ends without a change in the level of restrictions, despite experts calling for a hybrid level 3-4 system in the face of a more severe third wave.
- Instead Makhura called on citizens to adhere to the 'basics' to prevent the virus from spreading.
- Karpowership Consortium says SA will face more load-shedding as a result of the environmental ban on its operations in SA and said it would fight the verdict – effectively torpedoing the R225bn deal.
- Analysts have heralded this as a success as the volatile pricing and long duration of the 20y deal was a substantial risk
- SA records 16,078 new cases & 148 deaths overnight