Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
US TSY FLOWS: Rates bid, but off midday session highs, weak ISM mfg PMI (47.8)
helped trigger rally off lower open, while apparently spurious Brexit backstop
headlines spurred bout of risk-off unwinds in second half despite EU officials
denying reports. Yld curves bull steepened.
- Tsys opened weaker just off early London lows on heavier volumes on back of
weakest Japanese 10Y auction in three years, Chicago Fed Pres Evans in Germany
not supportive of third rate cut weighing on front end.
- Rates surged on ISM mfg miss, held gains until headlines EU considering
"time-limiting" backstop mechanism for the Irish border. GBP spiked then
reversed move as EU officials denied discussion.
- Heavier volumes belied rather thin choppy markets amid two-way month/quarterly
repositioning, bout of selling last few minutes followed by fresh round of
buying in 10s and 30s from prop and real$ accts. Nice wide range ahead Wed's ADP
private payrolls ahead Fri NFP.
- The 2-Yr yield is down 6.6bps at 1.5559%, 5-Yr is down 4.2bps at 1.5016%,
10-Yr is down 1.7bps at 1.6473%, and 30-Yr is unchanged at 2.1105%.