Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI Research
- About Us
- Figure is highest in data back to 1997, Statistics Canada says Thursday, beating 2008-09 recession peak of 822K
- Canada in the pandemic shifted new jobless benefits claims to its broader program of "CERB" checks, and shifted people back onto regular jobless benefits around September. StatsCan suspended reporting jobless claims figures from March until September
- Jobless benefits claims tripled from February's 446k
- Women now account for a record 50% of claims, up from 37% before the pandemic
- New qualification rules mean 11% of those receiving benefits would not have qualified under the pre-pandemic system