Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
USD/CNH has held a tight range amid limited domestic headline flow, it last sits +10 pips at CNH6.4633. Bulls see the CNH6.4874-80 area, which capped gains earlier this week, as their initial target. Above there would shift focus to Aug 20 high of CNH6.5102. On the downside, bears look for a fall through the 100-DMA/Sep 23 low at CNH6.4529/25, which would give them a green light for targeting the CNH6.4261-44 zone.
- The PBOC set their central USD/CNY mid-point at CNH6.4599, matching the sell-side estimate.
- Two Evergrande dollar bondholders said that they had not received coupon payment due yesterday. The bond has a 30-day grace period before a missed payment becomes a default.
- Pres Xi Jinping will make an address to the ZGC Forum in Beijing this evening.
- China's industrial profits (Tuesday) as well as official PMIs, Caixin M'fing PMI & BoP current account balance (Thursday) will hit the wires next week.