August 08, 2022 16:03 GMT
Metals bulletUSEM BulletFixed IncomeHomepagePolitical Market NewsPolitical RiskCommoditiesPolitical Risk BulletEnergy BulletsBulletMarketsEmerging MarketsForeign Exchange
A final text of the draft proposal for the restoration of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPoA) nuclear accords has been received by the Iranian delegation.
- Russian delegate Mikhail Ulyanov: "The participants in the Vienna Talks now need to decide if the draft is acceptable for them. In case of no objection the nuclear deal will be restored."
- Comments hitting wires from the Iranian camp per Reuters:
- "Iran Foreign Ministry official says Iran is not at a stage to talk about finalising a deal in JCPOA."
- Iranian official: "Relative advances were made on a number of issues."
- Official: "Tehran has give its primary considerations to the proposals made by the EU's [negotiator Enrique Mora] today."
- WSJ's Laurence Normal quotes a senior EU official: "It’s a package proposal. You cannot say I agree with page 20 and disagree with page 50. You have to say yes or no," senior EU official."
- As with previous rounds of talks, expectation should be managed. Tehran has ongoing reservations about the future of a deal in the event of a second Trump White House in 2024.
- US State Department: "The US stands ready to quickly conclude deal on basis of EU proposals."
- Cont: "Iran has repeatedly said it is ready to revive nuclear deal. "Lets see if their actions match their words."