Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
- Of the various drivers for bid -- global spd of covid delta variant, spike in case counts spurring safe haven buying in EGBs, GBP, Tsys. Note: CDC raised covid related warning to level 4 (highest) to those traveling to the UK even as UK drops virus restrictions. Economic data remains light on wk, Fed in blackout.
- TYU hit high of 134-25.5 well through bull-channel top of 134-03 and 200% fibonacci projection (134-24.5). 10YY fell to 1.739% low, well through 200DMA on move back to mid-Feb levels. Yield curves bull flattened vs. intermediates while longer curves outperformed (5s30s 112.098 late vs 110.188L).
- Early on, sources report prop, real$ and foreign bank buying in 5s-30s, fast$ selling bonds and taking stab at entering steepeners vs. intermediates. Mid- to late morning Flow included ongoing real$, foreign and domestic bank buying in 5s-30s, stops triggered on latest move. Fast$ unwinding tactical shorts.
- The 2-Yr yield is down 1.6bps at 0.2055%, 5-Yr is down 8.7bps at 0.6867%, 10-Yr is down 11.5bps at 1.1756%, and 30-Yr is down 11.1bps at 1.8083%.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.