Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
EURO-DOLLAR: Risk sentiment soured alongside Italian assets from the get-go on
Tuesday, with Italy's 10-Year yield rising sharply to touch the highest levels
observed since early 2014. Rebuttals from Brussels, a still disunited front
among Italian politicians and the extension of uncertainty surrounding the
country's fiscal deficit targets knocked risk appetite. Despite a modest
recovery ahead of the U.S. close, EUR slipped against most, but recovered from
- EUR/USD last deals at ~$1.1545.
- Failure to hold recovery gains above $1.1550 keeps the impetus firmly on the
downside with bears focus turning to a break of the $1.1500 level. Bulls
initially need to reclaim the 100-DMA (1.1644).
- Focus Wednesday turns to EZ services & composite PMIs, as well as EZ retail
sales data and an address from ECB's Mersch.