Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Spot USD/IDR has added 47 figs so far, as domestic markets reopened after a holiday. The rate last sits at IDR14,123, with bulls looking to a move through Oct 13 high of IDR14,224 towards the 50-DMA at IDR14,273. On the flip side, a fall through Oct 18 low of IDR14,057, followed by psychological support from the IDR14,000 figure.
- USD/IDR 1-month NDF last seen +2 figs at IDR14,158. Bulls keep an eye on the 50-DMA at IDR14,310, while bears would be pleased by a sell-off past Oct 15 low of IDR14,058.
- Bank Indonesia Gov Warjiyo is among keynote speakers at the West Java Investment Forum 2021 today.
- The Governor's comments will be scrutinised after Bank Indonesia left monetary policy settings on hold and maintained its growth and inflation outlook. Gov Warjiyo reiterated that the central bank may touch interest rates only in the final quarter of next year.
- Elsewhere, Kontan reported that Indonesian lawmakers are considering allowing independent presidential candidates to run in elections.