Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
US TSYS: T-Notes -0-02+ at 130-26 as we type.
- Coronavirus worry drove a strong safe-haven bid for rates on Monday, with
T-Notes closing just shy of best levels on strong volume, with bull flattening
the order of the day on the curve (yields 5.5 to 7.5bp lower across the curve at
the close), allowing the 2-/5-Year yield spread to close in inverted territory.
- London hours saw some profit taking creep in, with the contract edging away
from best levels in the NY crossover, before grinding bid again in NY trade.
- The richening meant that the latest round of 2- & 5-Year supply was less than
stellar, with 5s in particular suffering, although this provided little in the
way of respite re: the bid.
- Monday saw bulls fail to mount a sustained challenge of 131-00 in T-Notes, as
yields bottomed out around 1.60%. N.B. some have highlighted large short
positioning 131.00 calls