Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Yesterday Peru Prime Minister Guido Bellido officially requested the start of renegotiation talks over terms for the Camisea natural gas project, according to news state agency Andina.
- Bellido, together with Energy and Mining Minister Ivan Merino, presented documentation at Pluspetrol offices asking for the contract renegotiation, Andina said
- The request comes after Bellido on Sunday threatened to nationalize the operations if the company operating Camisea doesn't renegotiate the profit-sharing agreement with more favourable terms for the government. (BBG)
- Pedro Castillo said Sunday that any negotiation to bring down gas prices and protect national interests would respect the rule of law. (BBG)
- The pending risks surrounding nationalisation, extended dollar strength and pressure on global yields have weighed on regional FX, filtering through to the Peruvian Sol, closing yesterday at its lowest level ever of 4.1225.