Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
The DXY has edged away from its newly minted cycle lows during Asia-Pac hours, which has applied some pressure to USD crosses. A pullback from intraday lows for U.S. real yields has allowed DXY to rise in Asia.
- USD/JPY last up 28 pips at 103.39, the pair is broadly unconcerned with the BoJ rate announcement.
- AUD/USD last down 20 pips at 0.7601, briefly breaching the 0.76 handle. Key near-term support is at 0.7507, Dec 15 low. The 20-day EMA intersects at 0.7432, also a firm support area
- NZD/USD seeing a similar pattern to its Anitpodean counterpart, last down 18 pips at 0.7130.
- USD/CNH up 36 pips at 6.5204. The pair had already managed to avoid the pervasive USD weakness and actually rose in the session on Thursday. This move higher has accelerated during the session despite a stronger fix for the yuan. Yesterday there were reports that energy companies and state banks were active buyers of US dollar in onshore markets which kept a cap on gains in the yuan.