April 28, 2022 16:33 GMT
A Gallup report released today has shown that US voters are increasingly concerned with economic issues and inflation, over the situation with Russia.
- The most important issues are as follows:
- The government/poor leadership: 20%
- High cost of living/inflation: 17%
- Economy in general: 21%
- The situation with Russia: 4%, down from 9% last month
- The report illustrates the challenging position for the Biden administration who has requested additional funds from Congress today. President Biden has also asked voters to express solidarity with Ukraine by shouldering the burden of a higher cost of living as a result of Russia sanctions.
- Full report: https://news.gallup.com/poll/1675/most-important-p...
Chart 1: Mentions of economic issues as the most important issue facing the US over time (Gallup)