Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
DOLLAR-YEN: USD/JPY has managed a marginal fresh YTD high (Y113.49) in early
Asia-Pacific trade, with little activity around the final 10AM Tokyo fix of the
- The JPY shrugged off firm domestic retail sales, labour market & Tokyo CPI
data, with industrial production missing exp.
- JPY was pressured by a largely firmer USD & uptick in risk appetite on
- From a technical perspective bulls are in control following yesterday's close
back above Y113.00 & the July 19 high, with new YTD highs established. The next
upside hurdle comes in at the Nov 2017 high (Y114.73). Bears target a break of
the Sep 20 low (Y112.04) to stabilise the situation.
- Participants now look to next week's BOJ Tankan survey & wage data.