Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
USD/MYR kicked off on a firmer footing today as the DXY extended Friday's gains. The pair last sits at MYR4.0460, 90 pips better off. A break above the 50-DMA at MYR4.0663 would prompt bulls to target Jan 12 high of MYR4.0760, a key near-term resistance. Bears look for a slide through Friday's low of MYR4.0325 before targeting Jan 8 low of MYR4.0285.
- The Malaysian gov't said that it is taking legal action against the EU and its member states France and Lithuania in the WTO over the EU's renewable-energy directive, which Kuala Lumpur sees as "discriminatory action."
- PM Muhyiddin announced that he will form a Covid-19 advisory group, which will help the gov't draft policies to contain the virus.
- The main economic event in Malaysia this week is the latest monetary policy decision from BNM, with analysts almost evenly split on whether policymakers will decide to trim the OPR.
- Friday's release of December CPI report will provide interest on the data front.