Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- USD/RUB trades -0.37% lower this morning, in line with early relief selling on the BBDXY and 1% firmer oil markets.
- The cross closed +0.78% higher in yesterday's session, but failed to hold above the 100 & 50dmas.
- Concerns about Duma legitimacy were aired from Western powers yesterday, but no threats of action were made in terms of sanctions or any other measures.
- Protests against the e-voting system were also relatively muted.
- Russia is now pressing the US for info on alleged cyberattacks, but this seems like somewhat of a deflection tactic.
- The Russia-West dialogue on election legitimacy will be monitored ahead of discussions with Lavrov & Borrell on the side-lines of the UNGA.
- Markets will eye API inventory data this afternoon for further signs of depleted storage seen last week following storms in the Gulf.
- Having held below the DMAs, USD/RUB momentum remains biased lower, but concerns of a hawkish reaction to the FOMC dot plot distribution remain a concern for EM FX this week.
- Intraday Sup1: 73.0047, Sup2: 72.8201, Res1: 73.3934, Res2: 73.5125