Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- USD/TRY trades +0.3% high at the open, as early buying pressure lifts the BBDXY and weaker risk sentiment out of APAC filters through into the CEMEA session.
- The Cross made a notable move lower in yesterday's broadly risk-off session post-FOMC, taking out 8.50 to reach an intraday low at 8.4434.
- High carry in Turkish assets fuelled yesterday's bout of demand and has been supporting outperformance vs its EM peers since the start of July.
- However, this may start to fade as inflation ticks in the coming months, eroding carry potential.
- On the covid front, HealthMin Koca assured the public that most of the new covid infections were among the unvaccinated and this fourth wave may be less severe than prior waves.
- Trade balance data today is set to improve, which may add further support to TRY.
- Having moved away from the 50dma, next dynamic support is seen at the 100dma (8.3659).
- Intraday Sup1: 8.45, Sup2: 8.3843, Res1: 8.4951, Res2: 8.5419