Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
GILT SUMMARY: With only low-impact data released this morning and headlines thin
on the ground, trading has been dominated by the risk-off tone emanating from
the escalating US-China trade dispute.
- Looking ahead, next week will see the release of Markit PMI data for May and
the HGalifax House Price Index.
- The Sep-19 gilt future trades at 129.71, trading at the low for the day; L-H:
- Gilts have rallied with yields 1-2bps lower on the day. Cash yields (Last / 1d
chg / L..H): 2Y (0.5976% / -1.1bp / 0.5814%...0.5978%); 5Y (0.6367% / -1.9bp /
0.62%...0.6368%); 10Y (0.8862% / -1bp / 0.8673%...0.8862%); 30Y (1.4741% /
-1.4bp / 1.4562%...1.4741%). 2s10s (26.9bp / -1.2bp / 25.5bp..26.9bp); 2s30s
(85.8bp / -1.6bp / 84.6bp..85.8bp)
- The short sterling futures strip has flattened: W (broadly + 0/1.5 ticks
higher); R (+ 2/3 ticks); G (+ 2.5/3 ticks); B (+ 3/3 ticks).