Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
- USD/ZAR following yields higher as bond outflows resume, despite an upbeat Q420 GDP print from China.
- ZAR broadly tracking USD/CNY as the weakening trend resumes.
- Commodities slightly firmer on a flat Greenback.
- Focus this week on the SARB, which is expected to hold rates steady - despite some calling for a 25bp cut on reduced growth forecasts.
- Gov Kganyago will likely reiterate the risks of a steeper curve ahead of the Feb budget and that average inflation remains at the midpoint of the range, limiting the effectiveness and scope for cuts in the absence of Govt-driven structural reform/fiscal improvements.
- Concerns about tax hikes will likely become the next key debate as the budget draws nearer.
- Res1: 15.3174, Res2: 15.40, Sup1: 15.2116, Sup2: 15.1105