Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Following the tap of the 0.25% Jul-31 gilt earlier in the day, the DMO will return to auction GBP2bn of the 0.875% Jan-46 gilt.
- At the last tap of the 0.875% Jan-46 gilt on April 7, GBP2.0bn was sold at an average yield of 1.332%, bid-to-cover of 2.54x and a tail of 0.3bp.
- The pressure on the long end of the gilt curve has appeared to stabilize in recent months following the sell off over January-February. However, with considerable progress made on vaccinations, lockdown restrictions gradually easing, and speculation about BoE tapering, the recent calm may prove fleeting.
- TIMING: Results are due out shortly after the auction closes at 1130BST.