Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
A busy afternoon session for EGBs, all led by the large Equity sell off.
- There were no clear catalyst on the Global Equity move lower.
- Some suggested the China/Taiwan headline "Chinese military aircraft entered Taiwan air space", but we had similar headlines in the past, so unlikely the driver
- We have not heard of any Program type order, or seen any new headlines that have crossed.
- Mini S&P has now lost over 1%, and Nasdaq plummets 2%, and Estoxx futures has lost 2.11% since 12.00BST/07.00ET
- Long bailed out, which provided a bid into safe haven core Bonds.
- Bund rallied, and trade 61 ticks up on the session at the time of typing.
- Curve has in turn bull flattened.
- Peripherals have lagged behind, and are all trading wider, with Greece by 6.4bps, and Italy 3bps.
- Looking ahead, Fed Daly and Kaplan are the scheduled speakers