Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
FOREX: A very tight Asia session for the major crosses, NZD the marginal
outperformer, CHF & JPY the marginal underperformers. Headline flow & data
releases have been extremely ltd. Further speculation re: election timing in the
UK continues, as opposition parties look to tie the hands of PM Johnson.
- As mentioned the NZD is the marginal outperformer within G10, but it had to
shake off some issues that were evident in the NY/Asia crossover: 1) Further
uncertainty & delay surrounding Fonterra's latest earnings report 2) ANZ now
looking for deeper RBNZ easing.
- The latest USD/CNY fix was little changed. This week's fixes have been tightly
clustered, with the 5 daily fixes sitting in a 32 pip range vs. a 300+ pip range
across the last 5 USD/CNY closes (the USD/CNY close is the biggest input in the
PBoC's daily fixing mechanism).
- USD/KRW is threatening a close below key support at KRW1,196.50.
- U.S. NFP's and an address from Fed Chair Powell provide the headline risk
events in NY hours. Elsewhere, the latest Canadian labour market report and
German industrial production data will be scrutinised.