Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Copom Decision is due after market close this evening, with the majority of surveyed analysts now forecasting a 150bps hike, bringing the Selic rate to 7.75%.
- Our preview can be found via the following link: https://marketnews.com/mni-bcb-preview-october-2021-altering-the-flight-path
- Please note that some of the analyst views have changed and the adjusted rate calls/analysis will be detailed this afternoon where possible.
- The DI curve came under further pressure yesterday following the release of mid-October IPCA inflation that exceeded expectations to reach 10.34% Y/y. The front-end of the curve rose between 50-60 basis points, with some commentators now placing a small chance of even bolder action from the central bank than the 150bps now expected.
- DI swap contracts expiring in Jan' 2023 have now extended their move higher to 280bps since the September Copom decision.
- Up today:
- 1300BST/0800ET: Aug. National Unemployment Rate, est. 13.4%, prior 13.7%
- 1830BST/1330ET: Sept. Federal Debt Total, prior 5.48t
- Brazil's lower house floor vote on the court-ordered payments bill, known as precatorios, which includes changes in the rules governing the spending cap, will now take place today, speaker Arthur Lira said. (BBG)
- Senate committee's final report recommends President Jair Bolsonaro face charges for crimes including charlatanism, malfeasance and crimes against humanity by a vote of 7 to 4. (BBG)