Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
FED: April 30-May 1 FOMC Minutes
- Members said patient approach could be appropriate 'for some time'
- Participants generally agreed that patient approach remained warranted
- Many participants said PCE price dip likely 'transitory'
- A few thought if econ evolved as expected, would need to firm policy
- Staff suggested tweaking ON RRP rate before another IOER cut
- A few said resource utilization may lower than unemp rate suggests
- Several felt risk inflation expectations could anchor below 2%
- Number of participants said risk, uncertainties had moderated
- Some said risks to real GDP have decreased, but some still remain
- Expect to begin strategic framework discussion in second half 2019
- Discussed long-run portfolio options, came to no conclusions
- Shorter-term portfolio would imply lower fed funds rate
- Said decision regading composition not need to be made for some time
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.