Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
AUD/USD advanced Tuesday as a stalemate in U.S. fiscal talks continued to weigh on the greenback, despite jitters surrounding Australia's trade relations with China. The rate topped out at a fresh YtD high of $0.7265 before backing off ahead of the WMR fix.
- The Australian government has reached a deal with AstraZeneca to secure the supply of 25mn doses of a Covid-19 vaccine, which PM Morrison said would be distributed among Australians for free.
- AUD/USD is little changed at $0.7243. A break above Tuesday's high of $0.7265 would open up Feb 2019 high of $0.7284. Bears need a fall through Aug 12 low of $0.7109, before attempting a move at Aug 3 low of $0.7076.
- Looking ahead, Australian flash CBA PMIs & preliminary ABS retail sales will be published on Friday.