- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.LATEST FROM POLICY:
- G10 MarketsG10 Markets
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.Launch MNI PodcastsFixed Income FI Market AnalysisCentral Bank PreviewsFI PiEurozone/UK Bond Auction CalendarEurozone/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar US$ Credit Supply Pipeline Fixed Income Technical Analysis EGB Issuance, Redemption and Cash Flow Matrix Gilt Week Ahead
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.LATEST FROM DATA:
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.Global Macro Central Bank PreviewsCentral Bank ReviewsBalance Sheet AnalysisInflation InsightGlobal IssuanceEurozoneUKUSOverviewGlobal Issuance CalendarsEZ/UK Bond Auction CalendarEZ/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
MNI DATA FORECASTS: EZ Inflation, US Payrolls In Focus
AUDUSD Starts The Week Lower As Chinese Reopening Hopes Recede
The AUD rose strongly against the USD on Friday (+2.9%) to be the second best G10 performer but has started the week down on confirmation from the Chinese National Health Commission that the current zero-Covid policies remain. It is now trading around 0.6420 down from Friday’s peak of 0.6483.
- When the USD weakens AUD is finding support and the next resistance level is 0.6522 (October 27 high), a break through this suggests a bullish trend. With the adjustment down after the Chinese news, the next support is 0.6272.
- AUDNZD is currently trading close to Friday’s close at around 1.092. But AUDJPY has started the day lower around 94.48 on the resurgence in global growth concerns. AUDEUR is also down at around 0.6480.
- Equity markets were up across the board on Friday, apart from the Nikkei, as risk appetite improved. After dipping to 24%, the VIX came back to finish the session at 24.5%. Commodities also benefited from the risk-on move with oil prices up 4-5% and Brent now approaching the $100/bbl mark. LME metals prices rose 5.8% to be at their highest level since mid-September. Iron ore is around $88.
- Australian survey data are released this week and today ANZ job ads for October print. The important US CPI data for October are published on Thursday.
To read the full story
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.