Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
A fairly busy session but also a puzzling one regarding semi core, with few dislocations.
- Still difficult to pinpoint a clear catalyst for the big underperformance in BTP today.
- This has been the question of the day in the street.
- Some suggestion a possible carry trade, but this has been unclear and unconfirmed
- Next support in the contract comes at 150.11 Low Jun 8 and key near-term support
- The spread versus the German 10yr has now widened by 6.7bps, moving from a 101.1828 low yesterday to 107.8517 today..
- Italy's Draghi also said that The European growth is bouncing back.
- And although the midday headline may have helped the downside momentum in BTP, the contract was under pressure from the open.
- Looking ahead, after market RATING:
- Fitch on Slovenia (current rating: A; Outlook Stable) & the United Kingdom (current rating: AA-; Outlook Negative)
- Moody's on Luxembourg (current rating: Aaa; Outlook Stable) & Slovakia (current rating: A2; Outlook Stable)