Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
STERLING SUMMARY: Cable: Aug24 NY range $1.2791-1.2837. Aug25 Asia open $1.2804,
range $1.2797-1.2810. Current $1.2807(0449GMT)
* Eur/Gbp: NY range Gbp0.9197-0.9231. Asia open Gbp0.9210, range
Gbp0.92045-0.9220. Current Gbp0.9210(0453GMT)
* Cable recovery off low of $1.2774 Thursday touched a high of $1.2837 in early
NY before it settled around $1.2800 into close.
* Cable slowly edged higher through Asia from an early low of $1.2797 to
$1.2810. Held firm into Europe.
* Eur/Gbp managed to extend its corrective pullback from Wednesday high of
Gbp0.92365 to Gbp0.9189 Thursday.
* Cross pared losses in NY, edged to Gbp0.9231 then settled around Gbp0.9220
* Rate touched an early high of Gbp0.9222 in Asia then extended easing to
Gbp0.9205 before it settled around Gbp0.9210 into Europe.
* Asian trade described as subdued ahead of this afternoon's Jackson Hole
appearances by Fed Yellen and ECB Draghi.