Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
STERLING SUMMARY: Cable: Oct25 NY range $1.3225-71. Oct26 Asia open $1.3262,
range $1.3260-78. Europe open $1.3264
* Eur/Gbp: NY range Gbp0.8880-0.8923. Asia open Gbp0.8907, Gbp0.8905-0.89155.
Europe open Gbp0.8915.
* Stronger than forecast UK Q3 GDP boosted sterling Wednesday, took cable from
$1.3110 to $1.3271.
* Eur/Gbp lurched down to Gbp0.8880 but recovered to Gbp0.8923 as strong demand
for the Eur emerged in NY.
* Cable remained buoyed through NY, supported at $1.3225, closed the day at
* Usd remained under pressure into Asia, cable edged on to $1.3278(76.4%
$1.3337-$1.3087) then settled around $1.3265.
* Eur/Usd continued to outpace cable which saw Eur/Gbp the cross edge to
Gbp0.89155 from an early low of Gbp0.8905.
* UK CBI Retail data at 1000GMT but this will be overshadowed by ECB rate/QE