Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
A mixed start to proceedings so far with markets expected to be subdued ahead of the FOMC rate announcement later today.
- AUD/USD is flat, ANZ consumer confidence rose 0.3% to 111.0 last week. Focus has shifted to RBA Governor Lowe's Thursday address titled "From Recovery to Expansion", following a more dovish RBA. Australia announced a FTA with the UK on Tuesday, Trade Min Tehan said Australia wants another FTA with Europe.
- NZD/USD is a handful of pips higher, data earlier showed New Zealand's current account deficit widened more than expected to NZD 2.895bn, the C/A deficit rose to 2.2% from 0.8% previously. The RBNZ announced earlier it had added in debt serviceability restrictions to the list of potential tools available.
- JPY is flat, data showed the trade deficit widened more than expected, exports rose below consensus while imports beat forecasts. Core machinery orders rose below consensus and a sharp drop in the pace of increase from last month.
- Yuan is slightly stronger but hugging a narrow range so far. Markets await a raft of data from China later in the session including industrial production, retail sales, asset investment and the jobless rate.