Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Headlines from wires confirming the well-trailed stories that after his inauguration as president later today, Joe Biden will sign 17 executive orders reversing some of President Donald Trump's key policies, as well as implementing some of his own.
- These include: the US rejoining the WHO and becoming a signatory to the Paris Climate Agreement once again, reversing the Muslim travel ban, halting construction on the Mexico border wall, halting the Keystone XL oil pipeline (much to Canada's chagrin), requiring face masks to be worn in all federal buildings.
- Other executive orders will seek to revoke Trump policies on immigration enforcement, environmental standards, and to promote racial equality.
- Notably, the slew of executive orders does not include the rejoining of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPoA, the Iran nuclear deal), which Trump withdrew the US from in 2018.