Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
The short end of the gilt curve has traded firmer through the session while the longer end has lacked direction. Equities have sold-off through the day with cable similarly on the back foot.
- Short-end gilt yields are 1-2bp lower on the day while the curve trades 2-3bp steeper. Last yields: 2-year -0.1431%, 5-year -0.0476%, 10-year 0.2842%, 30-year 0.8670%.
- The Mar 21 gilt trades at 134.45, towards the top end of the day's range (L: 134.17 / H: 134.49).
- Short sterling futures are broadly 0.5-1.5 ticks higher in whites/reds/greens/blues.
- The DMO sold GBP4.0bn of 1-/3-/6-month bills
- Data published this morning showed the UK economy contracting -2.6% M/M in November compared to -4.6% survey.